Sunday, May 4, 2014

Are you a hypocrite?

Why are we all hypocrites? Do as I say, not as I do. Do we realize how ignorant that is? This is something I wish everyone knew. Stop lying to yourself and you'll live longer. It's like a burden is lifted off your shoulders. Invest in yourself. No, it's not selfish. Okay, it's selfish. Then invest in other people. Caveat: You can't invest in others if you can't invest in yourself.

If that's a bit vague for you let me be more specific. Specificity is the child of elaboration.
Make yourself smarter, stronger, better, faster. No this isn't daft punk, this is real life.
You have a choice every day to either be a hive mind and hide behind everything and live in your own little bubble. This is your choice. I offer a better solution. What if someone told you that something happening thousands of miles away from you is affecting you in every possible way you can imagine.
China's pollution problem isn't getting any better. Did you know the pollution from China, is reaching the United States? Okay, so maybe you don't care. Maybe you just think okay I'll die and my descendants can all just die from pollution, so what? Why do you get to live a better life? Because you're Black, White, or Asian? Because you happen to live in this side of the world? Because you're Christian or Jewish?


Follow me down a path to a glorious revolution. One that's filled with meaning and profundity. One that will keep you thinking and continue your thoughts into a realm that you have never been to. The way we live on this planet and the way we live our lives each day, not wondering about what might happen to us in 40 to 50 or so years. That we just wither away into oblivion or that we make a memory that will last even after our time. We make our time here then we're gone. You're only here for a short time. You either make the most of it or you'll be forgotten. You'll just be the people of that time or the peasants of Rome or the people of Paris, the commoners. Inconsequential, paltry, frivolous, nugatory. You'll be placed into a group in which you might not have wanted to belong to. You don't want to be forgotten, you want to be remembered forever. Forget my facetious nature and read between the lines. You don't want to be forgotten, you want to be remembered forever. 

My words are there, but no action. Hypocrite. I always promise myself I will, but it never happens. Even as we speak or as I write I'm thinking of doing something, making a change in the world. One person can do so much. Right? Once a friend, who's happens to be an atheist, I might add because this tidbit is an important part of what I'm about to tell you or what my friend told me, I should say. Well he said something to along the lines of: You need to get up and do something with your life and make a change. I know those words probably don't mean much, but they did to me. I wondered why didn't I think like that. I was "religious". At least I appeared to be. I prayed to god. I believed in angels and devils. How could someone who didn't believe in God talk like that? How could he manage to tell me? I mean he has the audacity to tell me? But wait. I forgot to mention that he's also a hypocrite. He hasn't done anything accept talk shit. Well who is he anyways? Who am I? So many questions. Why am I writing this at this moment? Why now? Why does my life seem so insignificant at a time where my life should seem like it's flourishing? I can't remember that last time I've had someone to relate to. Someone I could talk to and they would just know. Just know. Everything.

 I think everyone should make the effort to change. Change can have many different meanings. Anything can have many different meanings, nowadays. I'm starting to just blabber. My mind is wandering. I'm just writing the first things that pops in to my head. And just jotting it down. Not worrying about grammar or punctuation. My periods. Are. Being. Added. At. Random. It. Seems. I suppose I want to get a message out. Somewhere someone will hear it maybe and pass it along. Maybe someone will even understand my message.
I want to make it easier for everyone to change themselves so they wont regret their past. So they can say I'm happy with my life, my choices and myself. Easier to write, to volunteer, to make friends, to play sports, to read, to fly, to be themselves.
So, it’s looks like I do a lot of talking. I talk the talk, but do I walk the walk? Do my actions speak louder than my words. No. I’m a hypocrite. I preach all these things and spread the word, but I don’t even follow my own advice. I’m a sham, but that doesn't mean you have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment